Social Impact Assessments and Social Due Diligence
Risks that arise from social discontent or legacy issues surrounding a project can be costly in terms of delays, work stoppages, negative publicity or, a worse case scenario, threats to operating licenses.
The social due diligence review, developed with appropriate standards of care, provides information for top management to reconcile the demands of doing business with the demands of community or related interests in the footprint of operation.
Our independent team of knowledgeable due diligence analysts, assembled locally, and in cooperation with company personnel, will include the following:
- Conduct social due diligence of the proposed activity in its area of operation;
- Assist the client in developing measures to avoid, mitigate or compensate for negative social impacts;
- Identify opportunities to improve outcomes;
- Monitor and document the client’s performance throughout the development phase;
- Report to management on an ongoing basis.
Marine Stewardship Council
Sugar and Sugar Ethanol
Global Reporting Initiative
American Indian Energy Tribes
International and Domestic Agencies
UN Global Compact
Is CSR Responsible?